yapc: Yet Another Perl Conference
North America 2004
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, U.S.A.
- June 11, 2004: The lightning talks have been selected and posted. Check 'em out.
- Deadline approaching: We can only take dorm reservations until June 1, so please register soon if you want to stay in the dorms. Also, if you register after June 4, we can't promise a spot at the dinner, so register today!
- May 23, 2004: Already coming? We've posted some questions and answers for attendees. Also, visit the conference kwiki to make sure you don't miss any other events.
- May 23, 2004: Still not sure if you want to come? Check out what you'll be missing.
- May 6, 2004: Dorm info is now available, so you can make reservations.
- April 16, 2004: The YAPC kwiki is up in the same place as last year.
- April 16, 2004: The schedule is now available for day 1, day 2, and day 3.
- April 14, 2004: Lightning Talks now open. Follow the link to submit a lightning talk proposal.
- April 11, 2004: Call for participation over. Schedule will be released soon.
- February 24, 2004: Registration open. Details available on the registration page.
- January 12, 2004: Call for Participation announced. Details available on the participation page.
- October 21, 2003: Dates set.
- August 22, 2003: YAPC::NA::2004 Venue Chosen
What is YAPC?
YAPC is "yet another Perl conference", with apologies to
The Perl Conference.
This is an inexpensive (US$ 85 for 3 days) conference with its roots in the
Perl Mongers Perl users groups.
While The Perl Conference plays an important role in the Perl community, there
are some things that fall through the cracks at such a large, relatively
corporate conference. Attendance fees of $1,000 or more are prohibitive,
especially to students (though there are deep student discounts); furthermore,
the conference is on the West Coast, incurring travel expenses for those in the
east, on top of the conference expense. YAPC is driven from the bottom
up, organized by and for Perl users -- a grassroots conference.
YAPC began as a smaller, regional version of TPC in the Eastern USA, hosted
by Carnegie Mellon University, and has become
a series of conferences held in multiple
areas of the globe, all aimed at bringing together the Perl community in an
This year, YAPC will be held at the
University at Buffalo in Buffalo, New York, USA,
hosted by the Buffalo Perl Mongers.